What is a cookie?A cookie is a piece of information stored in the user’s browser, so that we can recognise the user’s computer, tablet or mobile phone. Cookies are typically used to ensure the technical functioning of a website, but they can also be used to collect statistical information about user behaviour.
What is the Cookie Law?The object of the Cookie Law is to protect users from unlawful collection of data on their use of websites. All Danish websites are obliged to provide information about the cookies that are placed on the user’s equipment. The information must be in accordance with the ‘Executive Order on Information and Consent Required in Case of Storing or Accessing Information in End-User Terminal Equipment’, which forms an integral part of the EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications.
Third-party cookiesWe use third-party cookies on givskudzoo.dk. A third-party cookie is a cookie placed by other parties than GIVSKUD ZOO. This may, for example, be other websites offering content on our website, suppliers of some of our features on the website or analysis programs. Below you can see a list of the third-party cookies we use.
- __utmz sees where the user comes from (search engine, keywords, links, etc.) when landing on our pages. We use Google Analytics both internally on our pages and in banners and images. Therefore, the user may occasionally see two cookies called __utmz.
- __utma keeps track of how many times the user has visited our pages, so that we can analyse the number and frequency of visits.
- __utmb and __utmc register how long the user stays on our pages and how long the visit lasts. These cookies are deleted when the user leaves our pages.
- __atssc, __atuvc, __atuvs, loc, uid, uuid2, uvc cookies originate from an addthis.com service which enables our users to share content on social media.
- Cookies starting with TA come from a Tripadvisor widget showing Givskud Zoo´'s Tripadvisor score.
- _fbp, _gcl_au, cid come from Adform and are used to measure our online marketing activities.
We also use Google Analytics cookies to measure the use of givskudzoo.dk. These measurements are used to prepare statistics on the use of our website and to find inexpedient functions on the website. This enables us to improve user experience of givskudzoo.dk
The cookie contains a randomly generated ID for recognising the browser when the user loads a web page that uses Google Analytics. The cookie does not contain any personal data and is only used for web analysis.
How to disable Google Analytics cookies: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also use Adform to measure our online marketing activities. These cookies are called track.adform.net. In addition, we use Adform cookies to target our digital marketing at users who may be in the target group for visiting GIVSKUD ZOO.
These cookies do not contain personally identifiable data, which ensures user anonymity when browsing on givskudzoo.dk.
How to avoid and delete cookies
You can yourself control whether you want to disable cookies. You do this in the settings of your browser. You can also delete already installed cookies; on a PC with a recent browser, you can use the shortcut key CTRL + SHIFT - Delete.
Please note, however, that disabling/deletion may resulting in givskudzoo.dk no longer working correctly. Read more about your options at your chosen browser provider.