INFORMATION ABOUT COVID19 - READ MORE
First of all, do not visit the park if you have symptoms of COVID-19.
There are fewer guests on weekdays, so please plan your visit here if you can.
If possible please pay by credit card or MobilePay.
Before the visit - corona pass is required
The Ministry of Culture has instructed us to follow the guidelines below on COVID-19 testing. We ask for your understanding that this is a requirement from the authorities, which we must follow in order to be able to welcome you to the park.
· All guests aged 16 and over must present a corona passport upon arrival at the park. Without a corona passport, you cannot access the park. A corona passport can consist of:
· Corona passport
· Initiated vaccine against COVID-19. However, at least 14 days must have passed from the first injection to the visit to the park.
· A negative COVID-19 test, where the name, test time and test result appear. Both PCR tests and quick tests from public test centers and private providers such as Falck can be used. PCR test is per. July 1 2021 valid for 96 hours. Quick test is valid for 72 hours. The test can be presented on paper or digitally.
· Documentation of infection. This applies to persons who have previously been infected with COVID-19, who can present documentation for a COVID-19 test with a positive test result, which has been performed at least 14 days and at most 365 days before the time of the visit to the park.
You must be able to present an ID - health insurance card, passport, drivers license or other publicly issued ID card together with the corona passport.
There are the following exceptions to the corona passport and test requirement:
· Persons under 16 years of age.
· Persons who, for medical reasons, physical or mental disability, should not have a test performed.
· Please note that guests per. 1 July 2021 must be able to document that they are exempted from the requirement for a test or corona passport for health professional reasons. The documentation is issued by the municipal citizen service centers.
During the visit
Upon arrival at the park, guests must present coronapas. This is done before you arrive at the Ticket Sales. Without a presentation of corona passes, you can unfortunately not access the park unless you are exempt from the requirement - see rules in the section above.
Follow all rules and instructions from the park staff, observe directions and respect the distance requirements.
Observe the health authorities' guidelines for infection control; avoid physical contact, wash hands and use rubbing alcohol, cough and sneeze into your sleeve.
Show consideration and keep a distance from other guests - the official recommendation is at least one meter and two meters whenever possible.
Use hand sanitizer and washbasins where referred to. Also feel free to bring your own hand hand sanitizer.
The assembly ban applies - The indoor assembly ban is max. 250 people gathered. per. There is no outdoor assembly ban.
The barbecue area on P2 can be used, however, all hygiene requirements must be complied with, and max. two guests may use the barbecue hut at a time.
We encourage that only one person per. family queues when buying tickets, food, drinks, ice cream and souvenirs.
Guests must use mouthpieces in the safari busses, but only when standing up. When you are seated you can remove the mouthpiece.
Parents must take responsibility for their children and ensure that they comply with the guidelines.
The park's playgrounds are open, but parents must supervise their children so that they comply with guidelines for good hygiene and infection protection.
If in doubt, ask the staff.
After the visit
If you do not have a year pass but you want to upgrade your day ticket to an annual pass, do not return to Ticket Sales. Instead, send an email with a picture of your ticket and receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then our staff will help with the upgrade.
We have done this to make your visit safer
Hand sanitizer dispensers and sinks are set up throughout the park.
We have introduced queue numbers in Ticket sales, shop and restaurants.
We have extra staff in the park who are ready with advice and guidance.
There are signs of COVID-19 information throughout the park.
There will be extra cleaning around the park.
We encourage guests not to use cash.
Plexiglass screens are installed at Ticket sales, shop and restaurants.
We have distributed tables and benches around the park so that there is greater distance between guests.
To prevent guests from standing close together there is a restriction on access at Ticket sales, shop and restaurants.
We are constantly monitoring the development of COVID-19, and the park follows all recommendations and guidelines from the authorities to minimize infection.
Despite the changes, we wish you a very good day in GIVSKUD ZOO - ZOOTOPIA.
Note: Changes may occur as we continuously adapt to the recommendations and experiences of the authorities.
Updated Tuesday, July 6, 2021